Monday, December 13, 2010

paper cranes on a not-so-ordinary day

i love the feeling of being accomplished.
today, i shovelled off my roof because there was like 5 feet of snow on it
and my dad said it might collapse
soo i tackled it like a man......with a shovel.
...and as i was shovelling i started making grunts and groans
kindve like how William Wallace would have sounded when he was fighting the English.
Anyways, it took me almost an hour to finish and when I was done I lifted my shovel over my head and screamed, FREEDOM at the top of my lungs.
shortly following, a manly spit to the side and enjoying the satisfaction of jumping off the roof into the pile of snow that i had carefully placed just for that purpose.
mmhmm and was that jump sweeter than pumpkin pie......definitely not.
but was it totally worth it,.....most definitely.
If my dad ever wants me to shovel the roof off in the future, I would do so, gladly.
just because that jump off the roof at the end, is the feeling of being accomplished.  

No comments:

Post a Comment